Grad News – March 13, 2018
Only 107 days to go until the big day! The grad theme has been chosen and this year grads will be receiving their diploma “Under the Northern Lights” For those parents that signed up to help with decorating and dry grad, Peter Curran will be contacting you directly to discuss setting up a meeting after March Break.
Grad Day is June 28, 2018. To help you and your family prepare, here are a few details about grad.
June 27th Rehearsal for Grads ONLY at Multiplex at 3:30pm.
June 28th Academic Ceremony (2:00 pm - 5:00ish pm) Grads must be at rink at 1:00. Formal Ceremony (9:00 pm - 11:00ish pm) Grads (and their guest) must be at the rink NO LATER THAN 8:30pm. Dry Grad (11:00 pm - 3:00 am) Dry Grad is a closed, pre-registered event for Sir John Grads and one guest.
Grad fees of $150 are due on May 1st. Payment can be made at the office. We accept cash, cheque, debit or VISA. These fees are used for the following items:
- replacing cap, gown and tassel
- decorations for academic, formal and dry grad
- rental fees of equipment and Deejay for dry grad
- printing costs of diplomas, invitations, tickets, programs
- grad yearbook
- Thursday, March 15th at 9:00pm
- $10 at the door
- Grads were asked to sign up to do the scorekeeping for the Baslille Cup Hockey Tournament on April 5-8, 2018. Peter Curran has offered to go over procedures for any students that have never done this before. Scorekeeping will be done in groups of two. Grads were asked to come to office to sign up.
- On May 12th, Grad Council will be holding a silent auction during the “Game of Clones” NACC show. We’re creating six themed baskets to be auctioned off. The themes are 1-Beach Day, 2-Camping Weekend, 3-Movie Night, 4-Sports Nut, 5-Music Lover, 6-Man’s Best Friend. We’re asking for any donations pertaining to these themes. However, if you or a family member owns a business or has any connections to a local business that doesn’t pertain to these themes we’ll accept donations from those too! We’ll basically accept anything! Please send any donations to the SJF office.
- Cost of grad yearbook is covered by grad fees
- They will be ready for pick-up about a week after grad
- Please remind students to fill out google form BEFORE APRIL 13TH to provide quote for grad book. Link to form can be found on SJF website under the “2018 Grad News”
During our meeting, a make-up artist and representatives from Flowers North and For Men Only visited to talk about make-up, corsages and suit rentals. Business cards and contact information are available in the SJF office.